Would you like your Berkley, MI, cosmetic dentist to fix your smile?
First impressions are important, especially for job interviews, dates, or weddings. This is why Dr. Sam Shamoon offers tooth contouring and reshaping to his patients to fix common dental problems.
Common Dental Problems You Can Fix With Cosmetic Dentistry
Your Berkley, MI, dentist needs to first examine your teeth and then assess if these two procedures are right for you. Here are some examples of problems that may need contouring or reshaping:
- crooked teeth
- chipped teeth
- cracked or fractured teeth
- overlapping or crowded teeth
- pits or grooves in the enamel
The Process of Resurfacing Your Teeth
The doctor will assess your teeth by scanning each tooth visually and then using an x-ray. If any serious problems need to be fixed like tooth decay, he will address those issues first. The next step, which may not need any anesthesia, involves removing some enamel to straighten your teeth. Your dentist will then smoothen and polish the resurfaced teeth. Your dentist may use dental bonding and veneers to cover any imperfections he may find but this isn't always necessary and is dependent on your situation.
Care for Your Teeth
Here are a few things you can do to keep teeth healthy:
- Retainers or nightguards: If you have problems with bruxism (grinding teeth), get a nightguard or retainer to avoid damaging teeth while you sleep.
- Brushing: When brushing your teeth, make sure to hold the brush at a 45-degree angle and brush for a whole two minutes twice a day.
- Flossing: You also need to floss daily to remove food particles from between teeth and from hard-to-reach areas, like behind molars at the back of your mouth.
Speak With Your Dentist
If you have any questions or concerns about tooth contouring and reshaping, then call Dr. Shamoon at the Berkley, MI, office at (248) 543-1778.